only 2 of my ram sticks are working on m2n32-sli deluxe mobo after reformatting

jobbert24

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
okay so i just bought a brand new PSU and HDD because my psu burned out along with my hdd. so when i tried installing my windows it would freeze and i did some research and people say install with just 1 stick of ram and so i did and it worked and ive installed everything (windows updates/drivers) into my computer and tried putting the rest of my sticks in and it freezes at starting windows screen and turns into a blue screen saying something is wrong with software/hardware (cant read alll of what it because it shows up for 1 second) then it restarts automatically then the same thing happens

before i had my psu burn out and my hdd break i had the same 4 sticks in and running well.

So currently i only have 2 of my sticks in and its working. with the other 2 in it wont boot. and also when i go into BIOS it does read that i have 8gb memory ram inside if i have all my sticks inserted.

Asus m2n32-sli deluxe
amd athlon 640 x4
amd radeon xfx 6870
antec hcg 620w PSU
windows 7 ultimate x64
hitachi 7200 500gb hdd
kingston hyper x ddr2 2gb x 4 RAM

please someone help???

and yes i have tried re inserting them and making sure there is no dust in them they are placed in securely and i have also tried resetting the cmos

TRENDING THREADS