1stBUILD read disc error Asus Max Gene V i5-3570k HELP PLS tyvm

Hi. Ive tried two different HD of which are in good proven working condition. One is a Samsung 2T and the other a Sony 200GB. I fully formatted them and tested them with Crystal afterwards with no issues at all. I installed them properly - to my knowledge at least, I mean thats a piece of cake. - I am considering that due to my knowledge and experience mostly coming from older mobos, that I am maybe doing something wrong or not doing something I need to in BIOS? I dont know exactly. Both drives show up in BIOS, though I only try one at a time. When I power on my pc it goes from the first bios screen(?) to then a black screen that says "read disc error press alt ctrl delete..." and it doesnt boot from Windows cd I am trying to install. In one of my attempts I powered on my pc without any HD and it started to try to boot from the Windows cd, but I canceled it since there was no HD installed. I also installed a HD that already has Windows installed, just to see what would happen and it started to properly load windows but of course failed because of obvious reasons. I have spent a few hours already searching for an answer with no avail. So I am posting this in hope that somebody would be able to help. I am even willing on giving out my phone number lol I am in desperate need of help, I have never been able to experience working on my music with such a super computer as this one. I have been working on an old Pentium 4 pc for almost 10 years!!!Now I have this beast that doesnt want to wake up and play with me!!! :pfff:
2 answers Last reply
More about 1stbuild read disc error asus max gene 3570k pls tyvm
  1. In BIOS you must set the dvd drive to be the first boot device so that the computer knows where to look for an OS to boot from .

Later once its installed on the hard drive change the boot order so the hdd is the first boot device
  2. Outlander_04 said:
    In BIOS you must set the dvd drive to be the first boot device so that the computer knows where to look for an OS to boot from .

Later once its installed on the hard drive change the boot order so the hdd is the first boot device

hi. thanks a lot, but ive already tried that. ive manually booted from the cd drive too...nothing yet. smh...any other suggestions???
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives noob maximus v gene help Error Message help Build Intel i5 Asus help Systems