Sign in with
Your question

1stBUILD read disc error Asus Max Gene V i5-3570k HELP PLS tyvm

Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2013 3:23:03 PM

Hi. Ive tried two different HD of which are in good proven working condition. One is a Samsung 2T and the other a Sony 200GB. I fully formatted them and tested them with Crystal afterwards with no issues at all. I installed them properly - to my knowledge at least, I mean thats a piece of cake. - I am considering that due to my knowledge and experience mostly coming from older mobos, that I am maybe doing something wrong or not doing something I need to in BIOS? I dont know exactly. Both drives show up in BIOS, though I only try one at a time. When I power on my pc it goes from the first bios screen(?) to then a black screen that says "read disc error press alt ctrl delete..." and it doesnt boot from Windows cd I am trying to install. In one of my attempts I powered on my pc without any HD and it started to try to boot from the Windows cd, but I canceled it since there was no HD installed. I also installed a HD that already has Windows installed, just to see what would happen and it started to properly load windows but of course failed because of obvious reasons. I have spent a few hours already searching for an answer with no avail. So I am posting this in hope that somebody would be able to help. I am even willing on giving out my phone number lol I am in desperate need of help, I have never been able to experience working on my music with such a super computer as this one. I have been working on an old Pentium 4 pc for almost 10 years!!!Now I have this beast that doesnt want to wake up and play with me!!! :pfff: 
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 23, 2013 5:31:19 PM

In BIOS you must set the dvd drive to be the first boot device so that the computer knows where to look for an OS to boot from .

Later once its installed on the hard drive change the boot order so the hdd is the first boot device
March 23, 2013 7:17:25 PM

Outlander_04 said:
In BIOS you must set the dvd drive to be the first boot device so that the computer knows where to look for an OS to boot from .

Later once its installed on the hard drive change the boot order so the hdd is the first boot device

hi. thanks a lot, but ive already tried that. ive manually booted from the cd drive too...nothing yet. smh...any other suggestions???

!