• Hard Drives
  • Games
  • GPUs
  • CPUs
  • Battlefield
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2013 4:58:47 PM

Hey guys, i am building a multiseat lan party pc for about $3750 and i was wondering if this is good.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lis...

just asking if i have chosen good parts for this build and good accessories like the monitor, keyboard etc... basically just a verification thing. I know $3750 sounds alot, but thats everything. (Including postage so it may not be $3750 on the wishlist itself (its $3556))

the 2 500gb hdds are for documents and video recordings for each person and the 2 1tb hdds are for media likes games and movies etc... for each user. and if you have any knowledge on multiseat, can both users run a game on the same files? E.G i have bf3 at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3

can both users run off that or do i need to make 2 versions of it E.G

User 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3
User 2: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games 2\Battlefield 3

or

User 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3
User 2: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3

something like that.

Thanks and any help / feedback would be appreciated!

Note: I am using softxpand for multiseat gaming and 1 670 for each user. I hope the 3770k is enough for both users at the same time recording bf3 at max 1080p
at atleast 45fps

More about : multiseat gaming 3750

March 23, 2013 5:00:09 PM

Another thing, im using ethernet for internet. The wifi card is just a nice feature to have
May 10, 2013 12:04:13 AM

Hi
The key to success in Multi-Seat gaming is actually the video-cards:
You can share one video-card by two users (one monitor each) - this is more cost effective but some games may take over the entire GPU resources while playing full-screen.
Therefore the better solution is add a dedicated video-card per each user, so there is no "starvation" of GPU resources. This will assure the best FPS rates for intensive gaming sessions.
Good luck !
!