Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I bought few days ago this configuration:

ASUS P8B75X-LM
Intel Celeron G1610 2.6GHz
Palit GTS450 1GB GDDR5 Sonic Platinum
4GB DDR3 1600MHz

I know that my MBO can't handle 1600MHz so it automatically downclock to 1333MHz.

Problem is that I have problem with GTS 450 drivers, I installed older, newer drivers, new OS, everything...but I get black screen at welcome. Far as I've come was like 3hours of using Windows and then I lost signal with GPU again...black screen of death.

I'm using Win7 64bit... so I started asking myself...maybe problem is with CPU and maybe it can't handle this GPU so maybe it overheats and shut down GPU? I don't know...that could be logical...

Even tho people with i5 and i3 processors have same nVidia GPU problems...

Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I have integrated video on MB. I tried installing old and new nvidia drivers and I also puted "Primary GPU: PCIE" but it still didn't worked for too long.

Longest time it worked was like 4hours and then I got black screen while surfing web.

Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
No, I'm currently using integrated for one whole day and everything is fine. Problem occurs when I have GTS 450 plugged in and when I install nVidia drivers. After welcome screen when I type in my password -screen goes black.

I've tried all kind of solutions and nothing worked.

Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Yes I've tried removing password and also another version of windows.

Many ppl had this problem, even posting it on here, but there were couple solutions, neither of that work for me...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It does appear to be an issue with the card. When you get the other card to test with, we'll know. In the mean time, have you tried un-installing all the Nvidia gfx driver and related pgms you find in Control Panel/Programs and Features. Then let Windows Update find and install a driver for the GTS 450?

Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Yes, I've tried uninstalling completely every part of driver using driver sweeper. And installed new ones, didn't work. I've tried updating drivers also, without erasing old ones...didn't worked.

Tried with Win Update also, didn't worked.

Problem is because guy who sold me graphics card (used), psu (new), hdd (used), ram (used) is guy with respect on forum and he is fair seller. He told me that GTS 450 worked perfectly at his home.

I bought MBO and CPU new from store, so it can't be fault in one of them.

Nikola Kopun

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Yeah I meant it can be, but most likely it isn't. Thanks for help, I will get other card on Tuesday and will inform everyone here.