Tags:
  • Gaming
  • PC gaming
  • Video Editing
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 23, 2013 6:18:23 PM

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I need help building a gaming pc. I need a pretty decent gaming pc that can run on high resolution on most games. I would also like to do video editing as well. I am thinking that a gaming/video editing pc should do everything else fine, such as watching movies etc. I am hoping that the build would do well for another 2 to 3 years. I would like to be able to upgrade parts in the future as well.

Can you guys recommend me the parts. Also if possible, I would like to know why each parts were picked, so that I can help out with this community in the future.

I went ahead and bought these parts already, so please try to recommend me parts that will compliment them:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
VIDEOCARD: SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme6

So now I have $650 to work with and I also need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I do not need an OS. I want the best bang for my buck. The cheaper, the better though. If you guys need more information, please let me know. Thanks.

More about : build gaming 1200 1300

March 23, 2013 6:38:04 PM

JO1N said:
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I need help building a gaming pc. I need a pretty decent gaming pc that can run on high resolution on most games. I would also like to do video editing as well. I am thinking that a gaming/video editing pc should do everything else fine, such as watching movies etc. I am hoping that the build would do well for another 2 to 3 years. I would like to be able to upgrade parts in the future as well.

Can you guys recommend me the parts. Also if possible, I would like to know why each parts were picked, so that I can help out with this community in the future.

I went ahead and bought these parts already, so please try to recommend me parts that will compliment them:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
VIDEOCARD: SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme6

So now I have $650 to work with and I also need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I do not need an OS. I want the best bang for my buck. The cheaper, the better though. If you guys need more information, please let me know. Thanks.

Bang for the buck:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($115.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ Outlet PC)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($98.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.97 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $638.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-23 21:33 EDT-0400)

I added a Crucial M4 SSD. It's reliable and uses a MLC nand which has more lifespan. I chose a quality 750 watt so you have more headroom if you plan to overclock or crossfire or both. 212 EVO is the best cooler for the price. You can easily overclock the 3570k up to 4.2 ghz which gives you extra boost. Right now the Fractal R4 is on sale and one of the best and latest case right now so grab it ASAP.

March 23, 2013 7:39:37 PM

This looks very promising. I'll see if other people have some suggestions as well.
!