T.B. Vegas Trio and Comparison

Spongeman131

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I'm looking for some fans for my water-cooling system. I realise that there is a separate section for water-cooling but I'm not here for the cooling, I'm here for the fans.

I looked at the cooling fan roundup for 2012 and the Enermax T.B. Vegas Trio 120mm fan caught my eye, both in flashy lights and performance.

Vegas T.B. Trio

I'm by no means an expert on any of this stuff so I have a few questions.

Has anyone used these fans? How loud are they (supposedly they get ungodly loud at maximum speed), how cool are they keeping your system, how's their airflow? If you could would you recommend them for pushing air through a radiator? Would you recommend them at all?

How loud is 30db, how loud is 40db? Is there something you might be able to compare these to that I might be able to relate?

I also say on some individual reviews on the fan that you can't actually control the colors that display nor their intensity and that is governed by the fan speed and so is related to the power consumption of the fan. Could I get some more info on this?

I would like some nice lightshows in my case, it'll be the CoolerMaster Cosmos II. The case has a fan LED control panel out front and a 200mm intake fan on it's face. Coolermaster has a 120mm fan and a 200mm fan, each of these can be controlled by the control panel out front, but I don't trust the factory data they provide in terms of noise level and performance.

Can anyone provide some additional information/review on these fans as well?

CoolerMaster 200mm LED Case Fan

CoolerMaster 120mm LED Case Fan

Thanks guys.

Spongeman131

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

That's really good to know, thank you. Now I just need to know about the LED functionality.