Kindle Fire Side-Loading/Non-purchased Book Installation

vaporfox99

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, my girlfriend just acquired herself a new Kindle Fire (non HD version). She just brought it over to my shop wanting to know if I can put some of my classic novels on it for her. I Googled the bejesus out of this topic and got vague versions of ways to do it, all of which lead to dead ends. So, I figured, where better to find out the answer than Tom's. According to Amazon's website, I should be able to view the basic folder system of the device when it's attached to my Windows based bench tester. However, even when I assured that the device was Unlocked, nothing. Just a notice of some odd "player" wanting to make changes to a Mass Media Drive (which, according to Amazon) is how the Kindle should show up. I also tried downloading a side application on it to allow me to access it as an external HDD, but the app is no longer available on the Amazon app marketplace. I have a rather large collection of ebooks, in varying formats (the three main ones being predominate) however, I'm not even concerned with format changes until I can get the thing to show up as an accessible device. Any hints, suggestions, or ideas?

P.S.
If you guys need more info I will try my best to provide what is requested, but I'm still learning this new tablet interface junk, and as of now, it's about like Windows Vista to me...Not sure whether to kill it, or just hate it and glare.