Kraken or H110?

grecaale

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I'm looking to finally getting into Liquid Cooling and have narrowed down my search to either getting a Kraken x60 or a h110(possibly h100i). I was originally going to go with the Kraken for the better performance, however, I cannot find anywhere (I have even tried contacting NZXT) how their warranty works. I know Corsairs warranty covers any leaks and will cover damages the leaks may cause. Is NZXT the same way?

hdeezie80

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Both radiator sizings are about the same, honestly in that price range you would be way better off with a raystorm kit, closed loop coolers are really only good for low heat CPU's or lower scale overclocks. An XSPC raystorm RX 240 kit would be a much better investment @ 170. An RX 360 kit would be even better. In single block systems your main limitation is heat dissapation, slim radiators like the ones on the kraken or h110 aren't really effective in moving out heat. So when you first turn on your PC your temps will be ok and better than air cooling for load temps but after a few hours of use your water temperatures will rise and you'll have to turn off your system to let the water cool. So IMO if your serious about getting into water cooling and really overclocking than you should aim for a kit. Read the stickies in the water cooling section though before you buy anything.

True but for most people the closed loop works better and as well the H100i has been shown to get good overclock, normally in the range of the high end air coolers.

Plus if its a first time it may be a bit overwhelming to do full water cooling or he may have a case that doesn't support hat setup.

Personally I would go Corsair. I have never had an issue with their products and their warranties are normally the best.

hdeezie80

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
@jimmysmitty
Yeah but justifying the cost is hard given the return, like i said they are good for low heat processors, sandybridge for example or ivybridge i5's @ a medium speed, h110 would be the better choice, the h100i is a mess as far as cabling goes I got one a while back before I built my loop, the corsair link system doesn't work now that i changed it to a new PC either so stick with the non I. But do some thinking before you buy anything, custom cooling got me around 20 degrees cooler @ load than the h100i, it's up to you if it's worth it in the end though