Sign in with
Your question

Which Graphics Card should I buy?

Last response: in Components
March 24, 2013 2:22:25 AM

SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X

or

Asus GeForce GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 Nvidia Graphics Card

I have never been with radeon before so I have no experience in comparing them with NVIDIA graphic cards. If I buy that Radeon card it says it needs 2x8PCIe ports which my original PSU I was thinking about buying does not have so I would also need to find one that supports it. In my old build I had the NVIDIA 560 Ti and that needed a minimum of 500W PSU but the new 660 Ti says that it only needs 450W. I am not sure about the Radeon card but I would ideally have liked to keep to a 550W PSU like I had in the past. So I need to find a 2x8 PCIe compatable PSU with 550Ws if I like the Radeon card but not sure about the Asus Nvidia one.

Can anyone help me decide which is better since I am not sure and if you think the Radeon one is the one I should go for then I may need help finding a PSU. But please only suggest sites where I can buy with £. I suggest aria.co.uk, amazon.co.uk and apparently "http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/home.html" is a choice but have never brought from there before.

Thank you!

More about : graphics card buy

March 24, 2013 2:29:26 AM

mayron4077 said:
SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X

or

Asus GeForce GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 Nvidia Graphics Card

I have never been with radeon before so I have no experience in comparing them with NVIDIA graphic cards. If I buy that Radeon card it says it needs 2x8PCIe ports which my original PSU I was thinking about buying does not have so I would also need to find one that supports it. In my old build I had the NVIDIA 560 Ti and that needed a minimum of 500W PSU but the new 660 Ti says that it only needs 450W. I am not sure about the Radeon card but I would ideally have liked to keep to a 550W PSU like I had in the past. So I need to find a 2x8 PCIe compatable PSU with 550Ws if I like the Radeon card but not sure about the Asus Nvidia one.

Can anyone help me decide which is better since I am not sure and if you think the Radeon one is the one I should go for then I may need help finding a PSU. But please only suggest sites where I can buy with £. I suggest aria.co.uk, amazon.co.uk and apparently "http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/home.html" is a choice but have never brought from there before.

Thank you!

It's quite tricky actually. First (before new AMD Catalyst Drivers), the GTX 660 Ti would stomp over the HD 7950, but that changed quite drastically after AMD's new 12.11 drivers released. For now at least, the HD 7950 would be a better choice.
!