Is my graphics card working? (Radeon HD 7770)

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
I installed a new SDD to my pc yesturday. It booted up and everything is fine, i reinstalled windows and tried to install catalyst for my graphics card however it didnt work, said the drivers werent there but catlyst is the drivers? Windows device manager wont install the drivers and my windows experience has gone from 7.3 to 3.8 because of it, the screen resolution is also horrible but the PC has booted from the graphics card and i can see the screen, What should i try? Is it broke?

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Yes, i also tried there auto detect and it said best driver already installed.

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

i un-installed all the amd components and re-run the driver auto detect and it said 'you have the latest driver installed' But there arnt any installed

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

I just did that when the automatic didnt find it.. I get this 'no AMD graphics driver installed. or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your hardware'

make sure you got the right driver for you card. make sure the OS version is correct as well. if the problem still persist you might want to use third party program to completely clean your driver left over (after unistalling all gpu related drivers from your machine) then reinstall the driver suite once again. to be honest i don't like the use of third party program to clean the driver left over because sometime it can lead to more problem than solving. the other way is to manually delete all the left over yourself though personally i never done it so i can't give you advice about that.

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

i might contact the custom builder i that made my computer, if the screen is showing does that meen the card isnt damaged? device manager is recognising the card but windows experience isnt. Does that meen the card is working or not?

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Ok, Thank you for your help

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

I just manually uninstalled all the ati / amd files and drivers re-installed it and it still said that latest driver was installed.. any other idea's?

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

pretty sure, I Havnt touched the graphics card when I was installing the ssd. Could it be to do with power?

so the latest driver is installed. did the catalyst icon appear on the tray or the CCC option available when you right click on the dekstop?

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

Yes, however it said that it the driver wasn't for the correct model.. ^ the exact message is above, I re-installed windows to factory settings, without CCC on the computer it says its fine, is there any point trying to install CCC now?

i haven't using radeon for a long time so i don't know what are the state of current CCC. but it seems it is possible to use the driver only without the need to install CCC. but you will miss the option and feature that CCC has to offer.

mat1998x

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

To be honest i hardly used CCC, Everything works fine without it, so unless there are any frame drops without it, i will leave it off my system.