Monitor goes inactive?

konkorfour

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
This is a little tricky to explain, I have a GNR Monitor that has DVI and VGA. It used to work perfectly, I'd turn it on and switch my PC on and the monitor stays active but for some reason one day it started going inactive and I'd have to disconnect the DVI cable and reconnect for the monitor to switch on properly.

I'm running dual monitors now for coding and I have shortcuts set for this:
Alt+D for Dual monitors GNR + Dell @ 1280x1024 each
Alt+F for Single 1280x720 on 22" monitor

When I switch between it's kind of annoying having to unplug and replug the cable into the monitor

konkorfour

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

There are no power options on the monitor, it's a TFT GNR TS702.

i mean the power option from windows control panel. by default the windows will turn off the monitor (monitor sleep) after certain period of time if there is no activity from the user. if the problem are not related to that it might be hardware related

konkorfour

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Oh, no that's not what is happening. When the PC has no connection to the monitor it goes into standby like when the PC is powered off or when the monitor isn't set to be used in the advanced screen properties. But when I set the monitor to be used it stays in standby mode until I pull the cable out and put it back in.

konkorfour

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I turn the monitor on and the green light shows, it says no display found then powers off, I then power the PC on and whether the monitor is primary or secondary once a connection is made it goes into standby. Turning the monitor off and on does nothing the only way to make the monitor work is to disconnect the cable and reconnect. It used to work fine then one day it just started doing this.

konkorfour

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I have, it's just this monitor. It used to work fine up until a few months ago and it's the same on any/all PC's I've tried it with.