is Vram usage going up?

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
seems like when next gen console hits i'm thinking 1gb 1.5gb Vram is not going be enough.. i have GTX 580 SC and been playing crysis 3 OC it to 900mhz and sometimes crashes even though did testing on 3dbenchmark and it was fine only crashes sometimes, i thinking game has issues.

anyway point is i notice my Vram was maxed out and was wondering will vram be more demanding now that next gen is almost here?

i just have this feeling that i made mistake with GTX580 sc if next gen is going rape of my PC due fact its design for gaming there for better optimization, i feel let down some what knowing that possibly that my GTX580 is now just not going do it once next gen games and consoles hit

any sight on this would be great

Its certainly not going down. I wouldn't worry too much, a singe 580 won't be enough to run games at the kind of settings that need more VRAM than that, same goes for pretty much any card out now.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
hmm.. so i been Googleing for bit... and they say PS4 GPU is 1.84Teraflops yet my GTX580 is only 1.5teraflops ...can someone explain to me how they getting that performance? with low TDP? i figure yeah 7970m right but... still HD7850 or HD7970m vs GTX580 do i need upgrade? i has feeling my gtx580 just wont cut it for next gen games... :(