Is There a Way to Stop "Top Experts" Marquee from Scrolling?

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
I cannot read the forums any longer with the new design because that stupid "Top Experts" or "Latest Experts" section on the right side of the forum page keeps scrolling. Having moving stuff on the side of the page really makes it hard for me to focus on reading technical material.

Does anyone know of a way to stop those scrolling sections? I mean other than installing a script blocker.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
There is no method currently to stop the "Latest experts" box from scrolling. Is the problem for you that it is going too fast? Or that it moves at all? I'd be happy to request a method to pause the carousel scroll speed or stop it.

butremor

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Just what i thought. I hoped there'd be option in setting to disable it at all. Like on the previous forum, with the right panel on/off option.

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
Yeah, I don't mind the content or the fact that it is there, but the constant motion distracts from me from reading. It really is annoying to have something jumping around in my peripheral vision when I'm trying to read. It just makes it hard to concentrate, and I end up having to make the page narrow, which makes it go away, then when I'm done reading forums I have to expand the page again. It works, but it would be nice not to have to continually mess around with my browser size.