Powersupply for TITAN SLI

aleksanderdev

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
Hi.
There are many psu's from corsair, was wondering which one would be the best choice for SLI with titan.
The Corsair AX 760i, 760W PSU looks good, though its wattage is a bit low compared to the price, yet agian its fully modular.

The Corsair HX 850W PSU seems like a good choice to but its blue and my cabinet is black and red, its also not fully modular.

Atm i have the OCZ 700 Wat Sli ready Psu but i doubt it will run Titan sli and even if so it would be with a molex 4 to 6 pin adapters.
And with oc ontop and lots of fans i dont think it would suffice aswell as it would look messy in my cabinet.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Nvidia recommends 600W for a Single card and a TITAN is a 250W you should need 850W... but nvidia say the TITAN needs a 600W PSU so the cheap $50 ones too... So the specs on the nvidia website is like a "Worst Case Scenario". So a 800W Silver or Gold should do... If you go 50W more you can OC too

You can go with the HX850, AX860i or a Seasonic X-850

A typical system will probably pull around 500W while gaming with Titan SLI
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/52189-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-sli/?page=9

That is not max draw. That is typical game usage. What you want to have is the absolute maximum your system COULD draw, because that is what you want to protect. If you were to run a synthetic CPU and GPU load, you would have much higher numbers. So, a good 750W would, in my opinion, be the minimum.

The 80 Plus rating has nothing to do with actual power delivered btw. The only thing that tells you is how much power is relatively pulled from the wall. So for instance if your PSU was supplying 750W to the PC and was pulling 850W from the wall at the time, that would mean it was about 90% efficient.