Unable to play Blu Ray Movies

I have a dual monitor setup. Before I bought my new bigger monitor, I could play blu rays, now I am not able to.

The monitor I bought is ASUS VG248QE, but only recognized on my computer as VG248, not sure if I got the right monitor or not.

Anyways, the VG248QE monitor is my primary connected via HDMI. My secondary monitor is a Dell S199WFP.

Can someone tell me how to get blu rays to play again?

I get this error:
Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP.
4 answers Last reply
More about unable play blu ray movies
  1. Try playing the movie with only the ASUS monitor connected. How is your secondary monitor connected to the PC? If it's connected via VGA, that may be the problem. Also, what graphics card are you using?

-Wolf sends
  2. The secondary monitor is connect via DVI.

I have an HD Radeon 5770.

I did try it with just the ASUS monitor connected, it still wouldn't play.
  3. Check to see if there are any updates available for your blu-ray software.
    Did you Download the driver for your OS?
    Checking the ASUS web site, I don't see just a VG248 model (just the VG248QE], so I believe you received the monitor you ordered.

As a last resort, uninstall and reinstall your blu-ray software (and all updates), making sure the ASUS monitor is listed as the primary.

-Wolf sends
  4. I'm trying to watch them from a website. I thought it was the same. I am using vudu.com and that's the site that's not letting me play the videos saying that error. Since it's HDX I thought it was same as blu-ray? I don't have a physical player.

Yes, it's a legit site.
Ask a new question

Read More

Movies Dual Monitors Monitors Blu-ray Graphics