Sign in with
Your question

Can I switch my sony vaio's graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 25, 2013 5:38:09 AM

I am brand new here and am in a bit of a desperate state. I want to play games such as crysis 3, Skyrim, minecraft, Arma 2 etc but I don't have a clue about graphics cards, RAM, CPU or any of the things I need. I have a Sony Vaio model PCG-71911M. Apparently I need a DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM (Geforce GTX 560/Radeon HD 5870). Whatever that is...

As I said before I have no idea what information you need in order to answer my question but any help at all would be appreciated greatly.
I would like to play these games on quite a high resolution if possible so could someone advise me on what needs upgrading on my vaio if it can be upgraded at all?
a b U Graphics card
March 25, 2013 5:58:24 AM

Most laptops can't be upgraded like that. In fact, yours uses integrated graphics, not a graphics card. Besides, only top end laptops can play crysis 3 at high settings and high resolutions. For gaming, a desktop is the way to go. They are easy to build and upgrade, unlike laptops, are cheaper, and get better performance.
March 25, 2013 7:36:51 AM

Norlag said:
Most laptops can't be upgraded like that. In fact, yours uses integrated graphics, not a graphics card. Besides, only top end laptops can play crysis 3 at high settings and high resolutions. For gaming, a desktop is the way to go. They are easy to build and upgrade, unlike laptops, are cheaper, and get better performance.

Thank you! What desktop would you recommend for gaming? My budget being around £700
!