Laptop graphics cards - help!

plugintimmeh

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hi all,
I have a Fujitsu AH531 laptop, with a Intel HD3000 integrated GPU on a i5-2410M. I know a tiny bit about PCs, but not a lot, and I'm merely looking to upgrade my graphics card. I do game a bit, and currently I can manage some modern games (Far Cry 3, AC3 etc.) on low, but the frame rate is starting to annoy me. I'm NOT looking for huge performance, just something that can manage these kinds of games (nothing like Crysis 3 or SimCity!) with a half-decent frame rate on low. What can I get? I'm looking around the £100/$150 range.

kevin1981

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Good morning!

Unfortunately, there are very few (probably none as I can't think of any) laptops that can allow you to upgrade your graphics. Laptops are very much the original all-in-one computers and to upgarde you'll need to buy a whole new system.

Personally, i have a Llano laptop and it does decently well for light gaming on the go with indie/Blizzard titles as the A8 crossfires with another discreet card (6750m) in there to make a "6620g", it was a great deal when i bought it 18months ago for 500$and change.

You i5 is a solid processors but unfortunately your laptop doesn't have the graphics to keep up =/ My best recommendation is save your money and look for some deals. You can get A10's that can trounce my old laptop now at the same price point. They may be significantly uglier than you Fujitsu though. Current i5 or i7 combined with mobile geforce or radeon graphics are another good choice, but Intel 4000 graphics are not going to be huge step above 3000, and will still be very behind on any modern nVidia or AMD products.

Some of the mobile chips are listed in the Toms graphics hierarchy if you haven't given them a look. Sadly, the cross-fired APUs aren't:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
(Look for in each tier: Go(mobile) under nVidia, and Mobility for AMD)

hardliner211

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
sorry this isnt actually a solution but ive got almost the same problem..... just wanted to knw if u (by chance) found an implementable solution....
ive got fujitsu AH531.... intel HD3000.... i5-2450M.... though i wud prefer playing crysis 3....