How Do I Bootup from USB?

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012
how can i get xp to boot from my usb pen drive? i changed the boot-up priortiy in the bios to "other devices" so it can boot up from the usb. but it doesnt work. how can i fix this?

Other devices may not mean USB, what options does your BIOS have for boot order? And how do you know your usb drive boots? Does it work in other computers? Did you check your computer system to make sure it can boot from USB?

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012

i dont know if my usb boots. i just want to boot from the usb at starup. is there a program that does this? or can i edit a file to boot from the usb?

As mentioned, your motherboard needs to support booting from USB. Also, the USB drive has to be made bootable. You need both for it to work. Check your motherboard manual to see if it supports booting from USB first.

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012

but isnt there a program or file that i can edit that allows this?

kalachavi

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I recently know that there is some kind of software which is used to make a usb stick to boot-able stick if its true you can simply Google it and find out

Not that I'm aware of.

If you don't know if your USB stick even boots how will you use it to boot? Test it in another system and read the manual for your computer to see if it supports booting from USB.