Hp compaq 8100 elite sff MOBO fan connector

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
hello, im planning to put my mobo BTX slimline motherboard into a bigger BTX case, but, i am not sure if the motherboard has a CPU fan connector, since, im planning on putting a CPU heatsink.... Does anybody know if it would have one? and, do you plug in case fans to the motherboard, or directly to the PSU?

EDIT:
Would the brown piece at the very top right be a fan connector?
531991001U_1.jpg

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I can't really see this image very well. Can you post the mobo model number?

At a glance, the brown plug in the upper right is a 4 pin cpu fan header. The white one below and to the right of the heatsync to the left of the processor socket appears to be a 3 pin case fan header. If you don't have enough headers on board, you can always use 3 pin to molex adapters to power the fans directly off the psu.

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Couldn't find a better picture, but I stand by my earlier observations. The brown one is a CPU fan, the other white one is a 3 pin fan header. Do you have the board already? See if you can take a clearer picture for me.

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
I will try to get a picture, i believe that is the fan connector, since the fan that blows air to the heatsink is connected to that, but, if im going to get a different case, i will probably need to use the 3 pin?

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
You can also use 3 pin to molex adapters for more fans, but you can't control the speed and they're always on full blast. You could also pick up a cheap fan controller, many options are available in the $10-$25 range.