Good Fantasy RPG games (Like Skyrim and Oblivion).

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good fantasy hack-and-slash RPG games on PC. For this I mean big, open world epic fantasies, not Dragon Age EA bullshit. Like the title says, some like Oblivion or Skyrim.

Thank in advance.
24 answers Last reply
More about good fantasy rpg games skyrim oblivion
  1. But you HAVE played Dragon Age, right?
  2. bruniss said:
    But you HAVE played Dragon Age, right?

Yes, of course, but it felt a bit limited to me, and the fact that you are quite far from the character kind of bugged me, the same with The Witcher 2. Also I have a personal vendetta against EA.
  3. Yeah, you are right, Dragon Age is very limited, let's hope DA3 is better. And I hate EA too, how they love to up with customers is incredible :S
  4. bruniss said:
    Yeah, you are right, Dragon Age is very limited, let's hope DA3 is better. And I hate EA too, how they love to up with customers is incredible :S

I know dem feels, I surely do.
  5. Hey, did you play DarkSouls?
  6. dark souls
    witcher 2
    two worlds
    sacred 2
    diablo 2
    diablo 3

for oblivion get the shivering isles expansion

fallout 3 is great if you ignore the fact that it has guns though you can also go melee
  7. dragon199 said:
    dark souls
    witcher 2
    two worlds
    sacred 2
    diablo 2
    diablo 3

fallout 3 is great if you ignore the fact that it has guns though you can also go melee

Thank you very much, I have completed Oblivion: Shivering Isles and Fallout 3, they are both awesome games. I'll be sure to try out a few (If not all of these games).
  8. dragon199 said:
    dark souls
    witcher 2
    two worlds
    sacred 2
    diablo 2
    diablo 3

Thank you very much, I have completed Oblivion: Shivering Isles and Fallout 3, they are both awesome games. I'll be sure to try out a few (If not all of these games).
  9. Anyone got any opinions on Two Worlds 2 or Arcania: Gothic 4?
  10. I only have played the first Two Worlds and must say I did not like it. It was very clunky and the character was very limited.

I take it you have played Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind? It is old but really quite good.

I really enjoyed Mount & Blade:Warband, though it is RPG with strategy elements. It is very open and addictive but can get repetitive.

There is a very old game called Arx Fatalis which was pretty open ended and very customizable but 2002 may be to old for you. Plus you were restricted to an underground world.
  11. There are not a lot of open world, single player fantasy RPG's. The Elder Scrolls series is one of the few. There used to be the Ultima series, but those are ancient now.

Fallout 3 and its expansions are probably the closest thing to the Elder scrolls, but it is post-apocalyptic and you use guns and explosives.
  12. Egg_Noodlez said:
    Anyone got any opinions on Two Worlds 2 or Arcania: Gothic 4?

Oh, I forgot about those. Arcania was a total let down. I'd play Gothic 3 any day over that game. Gothic 3 is good, but has loads of technical issues, you'll have to be ready to deal with stutter any time you enter a new area, but the game is really good if you get past it.

Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2 are pretty good. They do feel unpolished, but I don't regret playing them at all.

Now that you brought up Gothic, Risen is another game that you might like. Not Risen 2, but the first one. It is not on the Elder Scroll level, but it is good still.
  13. Rage is a very fun - fallout 3 type game
  14. Farcry 3 is pretty wide open spaces go where u want but its a shooter. I loooove elderscrolls games ever since morrowind ive been hooked! Cant wait for Elder scrolls online!
  15. crookedmouth said:
    I only have played the first Two Worlds and must say I did not like it. It was very clunky and the character was very limited.

I take it you have played Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind? It is old but really quite good.

I really enjoyed Mount & Blade:Warband, though it is RPG with strategy elements. It is very open and addictive but can get repetitive.

There is a very old game called Arx Fatalis which was pretty open ended and very customizable but 2002 may be to old for you. Plus you were restricted to an underground world.

I have played Mount and Blade: Warband, and it is another one of my favorite games. I might give Arx Fatalis a go, and Far Cry 3 is a pretty good game. I might also give risen a go. I cannot wait for ESO either, it's going to be the best MMO this decade!
  16. 100% agree! Let the doubting haters hate they will join ESO once they see how awesome it wil be!
  17. Though more of a FPS, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic had some RPG elements and I thought was fun to play. Very good FPS melee also.
  18. How about the "Gothic"-series? 1 and 2 are excellent if you don't mind them not having the graphics we have today. Gothic 3 had alot of bugs, but i believe they have been fixed. It looks better and is just as fun and hour consuming like the other to, in my opinion atleast. What you get from either one is a wast world to explore, factions to join, tons og stuff to kill (which by the way doesn't spawn again until a new chapter in the main storyline has begun. Mobs get more powerful then btw) No levelcap, plenty of skills to get, I like the combat system, dangerous beasts that's just too powerful at some levels, lots of quests and exploring.. Great games.
  19. egg_noodlez :
    for two worlds 2, it is a good game. ALthough if you play it do not expect a plot as good as in skyrim or oblivion or even fallout games. The graphics are okay and the story fairly interesting. lifetime of approx. 20 hours if you explore and take your time to level up. map size is satisfying, very good voice acting, graphics are quite nice too. in overall its a good game to have fun if you like open worlds rpg's. i hopethis will be useful to you . :)
  20. GTA SA is border RPG. Check it out.
    And R* isnt such a **** as EA is.
  21. One game that no one has named is Borderlands. Both one and two are epic in map size. It's more along the same lines as Fallout just on a different planet. It's a shooter style game, but still has many different side missions which is what I look for in a game. If you haven't checked those out, definitely do. Dragon's Dogma has been mentioned a couple of times, but its size is satisfying and the side missions make it worth playing although its certainly more
  22. Kingdoms of amalur : fun combat, unlike TES and really immersive gameplay, if a bit shallow.
  23. Deus Ex HUman revolution might be considered RPG i guess....
    Kingdoms of amalur fun combat? Personally I hated the combat system there :D.

I dont really think borderlands and rage can qualify as RPG. In that case even bioshock can be an RPG.

Jade Empire? Morrowind? (I kinda liked morrowind more than oblivion, but havent played skyrim yet).

And well... mass effect 1 and 2 i guess. Just not the 3rd one, that was a joke.
  24. Just from my desktop: Mass Effect series, every X game, Baldur's Gates, Torment: Planescape, every Neverwinter Nights including online from Cryptic and Perfect World, and every D&D title, highly underrated Enslaved: journey to the west, recent Starbound - a Terraria-styled Minecraft-like game, but with rpg setting;
    there are also:
    Divinity games;
    Sacred series;
    Might and Magic series;
    Wizardy games;

Fallout series;
    STALKER series;
    Assassin's Creed IV;
    Wakfu online;
    Minecraft;
    Wasteland games;
    Borderlands;
    Star Trek Online;
    Wurm Online;
    Haven and Hearth online;
    Salem online;

and a lot more open world fantasy, or fantasy sci-fi, only if you really use google.
Ask a new question

Read More

Oblivion Games RPG Skyrim Video Games