Razer abyssus for gaming mouse?

Mar 22, 2013
this mouse seems pretty solid for a $30 mouse, I really like the blue light in it, but it only has 3 buttons, I have never had a mouse with more than 3 buttons, does it really come in that handy for gaming? The only thing that I could think it would be good for is maybe melee attacks in fps games, I have been looking around for mice still though and I found this mouse called the team scorpion x-luca, it has more buttons and the dpi setting switch is on the top and has a different color light for every setting, kinda cooler looking, but I don't know if it will last very long, so has anyone had experience with either or both of these mice? If you have a suggestion for a mouse for me that would be great too

Sorry for long post

wiggbot

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Once you get a mouse with a pair of side buttons, you never go back. They prove to be incredibly useful.

As you mentioned, usually I have one of them bound to melee attack. The other one depends on the game.

The buttons are also very useful for web browsing when set to function as back and forward.

Just my 2 cents...

commando carrotz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

For 30$ its worth it, for more than that, don't bother, razor mouses are usually highquality gaming mouses, but some ppl don't like those mouse with side buttons because they always accidentally click it. But it proves to be useful at times.

wiggbot

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

This is key. I bought a mouse off the internet that I ran into this issue with. It wouldn't have been so bad if they could have been left unbound, but they actually controlled the mouse's DPI. So, I'd accidentally hit the button and instantly be be confused as to why my mouse is either all over the place or barely moving.

I know it may be hard to find places where they physically stock gaming mice, but I'd recommend going to one just to hold the mouse before purchase. It could save you some trouble.

Mar 22, 2013
i found a mouse for 13 bucks on amazon, it's called the e-blue cobra, it has side buttons, I think I might order it simply because it's only 13 bucks so i can't really go wrong, and i've seen some decent reviews

commando carrotz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

The really good king of gaming mouse cost around a hundred dollars, if you are not a hardcore gamer then get the e-blue cobra.

wiggbot

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Price does not always equal quality. Because Razer sells their mice for that much, it doesn't mean they will be superior to a cheaper mouse. See also: monster cable, beats by dre, etc...

Full disclosure: been using a Razer Copperhead for nearly 4 years now with only minor issues.