The Stinky Footboard Allows Gamers to Game with Their Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Freakin stole my idea :p Using a old metal dual foot petal from a late 70's Sony dictation machine, wiring the switches to it to a Cthulhu board and using that along with xpadder on a PC via USB...

Honestly though I am excited someone is doing something like this in a more professional way... name is just awful though.

[citation][nom]abeljames[/nom]I simply got paid $6784 operating off my laptop computer this month. And if you're thinking that that is cool, my unmarried friend has twin toddlers and revamped $9k her 1st month. It feels therefore sensible creating abundant|such a lot|most} cash once others have to be compelled to work for thus much less. this is often what I do, www.hdcash1.com[/citation]

you might be ever so slightly more convincing if that paragraph was coherent. but no... you weren't...

Fierce Guppy

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
In BF3 I get all panicky when under fire and fumble the keyboard when I need to switch weapons. I'm thinking that this device might be a good way to do the job in an instant, especially between knife and main weapon.

Bananaman8910

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
I don't know if I want to make fun of this or buy it. They definitely could have chosen a better name though. Then again, I won't forget the name, so maybe they got that right too... I'm so confused

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I've been using a cheap $10 USB footpedal to control push-to-talk on my computer and I love it. I hated taking a finger off my keyboard to hold down the push-to-talk key while playing and I didn't want to have the mic always on because I don't want everyone hearing everything that goes on in my house. $10 on eBay and a week later I had my cheapo USB footpedal in my hands. Re-mapped the button to my PTT key and it worked like a charm. I wound up buying another 2 and use them for various hotkeys in nearly every game I play.

This is going to be an awesome peripheral for the people who adopt it. Once you game using a footpedal to do some actions it's hard to imagine how you played without it. The extra buttons give you so much more control over how many keys you can hit in succession. The only thing I see about this that I don't like is the $120 price tag. You can get a trio of cheap Scythe pedals mounted to a backplane for less than $50. $120 will buy a quality mechanical keyboard. This only has 4 keys. This will have to be a polished product on both the hardware and software sides in order to get people to buy one.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Sometimes, if a game's a shoddy port, a controller might come into play.
I prefer joystick (movement) with mouse (aiming).

The Footboard would be useful to those with arm limitations such as paraplegics and carpal tunnel/RSI sufferers.

So people who need buttons for push to talk and weapons... Can't use existing great controllers that have the buttons at your finger tips? that's... Pretty ridiculous....

Rudder pedals have been around for a long long time. Nothing creative or new about four "buttons" you push with your feet. Ridiculous for that price.

f-14

Distinguished
the few peripherals floating around targeted specifically for racing games, PC hardware has never looked towards gamers' feet as possible appendages for control.

get off your mac then, i can see some one has never played a flight sim on the PC despite the hundred or so titles

i think i'll stick with my thrustmaster pedals.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
The hardware looks nice, but for $120 the software better be smooth as butter as well. As others have said, the footpedals currently on the market are much cheaper. Personally I've never felt the need for a footpedal, although I could see one being nice for voice chat (I bind it to my mouse currently).

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Buy a usb-2 infinity transcription pedal, download the free software from express scribe, then enjoy three buttons, with control and shift modifiers, for $50.00.

And its not named stinky.

These transcription pedals are abused, get wet, cat particulate, and work for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS