NVIDIA VS ATI when it comes to driver fact(Who is best for long run)?

fahad619

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Guys,after having research in net i have come to know that Nvidia r more supportive about there drivers then ATI.I have found that Nvidia are still taking good care about there 4XX gpu on the other hand ATI get forgot their past cards when new series gpu released(said it on basis of driver).ATI just take care well their latest models but Nvidia also takes care of past models
.i want best bang for my bucks which also mean long run in my gaming experience.So which brand should my choice.MY config:pRO core i5 3470
Ram 8GB
PSU 550watt
Monitor 18.5inch led
GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 600 Series - GV-N660OC-2GD
ORRRRR
MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
Correct me if i m worng.
SOrry 4 BAD english
Thanksssssssssssssssss

at a given price point amd offeres the best value for performance. there driver updates are no better or worse than nvidia as both release whql as and when there ready with beta drivers in the months that follow.
amd are increasing there market share in the gaming world by landing the consoles as a hardware partner while nvidia are moving away slightly and concentrating on multi gpu workload systems. like tegra
in the real world theres little to seperate the 2 for driver updates. amd release about 3 beta's a quater as do nvidia.

the 7850 is cheaper than the 660ti and will give the same perfomance so thats the better card for your budget.

corvak

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
If you are on a budget, AMD will almost always win the argument. In a single card configuration, the differences between drivers usually aren't worth the price difference (which can be up to $100) As an example, PowerColor's 7870 LE at $210 (MSRP $240) beating out the $280-300 GTX 660Ti in most benchmarks. Similarly at the high end, the HD 7970 at $400 compared to the $500+ GTX 680.

If you have lots of money to spend, nVidia is your best choice - the Titan is the most powerful single card in the world. Even nVidia's more reasonable cards suffer less from frame time stutter when put in SLI than AMD cards in crossfire - though AMD's recent drivers have alleviated this somewhat.

jesot

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I've always found nVidia drivers to be more reliable. I can't count the amount of times I've had to reinstall an older ATI driver package. Maybe they've gotten better these days, but there are also other factors.

AMD cards use WAY more power and run hot. Huge consideration in the price difference, imo.

The only reason to go AMD is if you have $800 or less to spend on an entire build.