running display through an HDTV, it really sucks

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hey guys, so i have moved my rig into the lounge room for the day and have connected it to the 32inch full HDTV we have, however the picture quality is just terrible, compared to my 23inch monitor, which is really crisp, i can barely read this as im typing from about two metres away, adjusting resolution to 1080i, 720p, 720i does not help AT ALL . I even tried going into CCC and putting anti aliasing up to 8x and achieved no improvement.
The TV is connected directly to HDMI and the monitor was connected to DVI however, although logically the HDMI should give higher image quality...

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

i have no idea, bothscreens are 1080P, how would i check though?

when running games or watching youtube it looks fine, its just web browsing and the home screen as well as itunes menus

Louis B

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

Perhaps the subpixel arrangement on your TV is different than what Windows thinks it is. This could cause text to be blurred.

Try viewing this on your TV to know which subpixel order your TV is:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/subpixel.php

Lord Tumnas

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

I have since reconnected my monitor but i will try to reconnect again in the future at some stage and will check this and if it isnt RGB im sure i will be able to find a guide somewhere on how to configure windows, anyway THANKYOU!