FPS drop when mouse is moved.

Steve Rowbottom

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Hey

So the other day I fired up Garry's mod and had the problem of fps drops to 0 fps whenever I move the mouse. It's fine when only using WASD, it's only when I move my mouse.

I have a Razer Naga, got my polling rate at 500 and dpi at 1900. The game works fine when I plug in a £3 terrible mouse.

I have a single GTX680 running 3 monitors in 5760x1080 configured using Nvidia surround. Problem goes away when I disable Nvidia surround and only have one screen plugged in, using my Razer Naga.

Doesn't seem to happen in league of legends, only steam games.

I've Re installed my graphics drivers and mouse drivers, disabled mouse trails and nothing seems to work.

I really don't want to disable Nvidia surround, and only play on one screen whenever I want to play a steam game, or use a £3 crappy mouse.

In EVERY menu in the steam client even going into settings or clicking store or library moving the mouse makes it EXTREMELY choppy and laggy

EDIT: OKAY this only seems to be happening on steam games. Also happening even when im out game just browsing the store, its ONLY happening in steam

BlaZeee

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I have this problem too in cs 1.6 when i move mouse I have nice lagz ... from 100 fps to 4-10
when i connected second mouse there wasnt any lagz ... In GTA SA tooo ... Iam solving this problem
from 3 weeks ago ... Sorry my English such ... :D

BHEcod4

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014
I had this same problem but with call of duty 4 , my fps would keep dropping randomly whenever i moved the mouse only but FPS remained constant when i moved with WASD on a 4th generation Intel CPU (i5-4670K)
it seemed that my BIOS version was outdated and was "version f5" and when i looked up for my motherboard BIOS updates I found that it had f9 and f10 versions already and they had in their notes (now supports 4th generation intel Processors) and the latest one ( imrpoves "K" version intel processors )
so i updated my BIOS version through a program called @BIOS i downloaded from the gigabyte website and i flashed the new BIOS through the windows , only had to restart for it to apply and never had fps lags when i moved the mouse again

GmanBOSS

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
While I like Giga products and for sure the " dual bios '. Be careful using the @BIOS program cause it can still totally screw you. There is mention of it here on this too. I would get a flash drive and do it old school myself.