Underperforming high end pc - any help would be great

Jeremy Krieg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Hi ,

I built my pc start of jan this year , and bought shogun 2 yesterday .

It seems extremely slow 5min before intro video and loading campaign takes 3min ,

my index score is 7.8 , and my processor is i7 3370k , gpu 660ti asus , asus Maximus V motherboard , 550 series Intel ssd (with only OS)

Also windows 7

I’m not a major gamer the pc was a result of many birthdays without presents, But I’m feeling a bit bad about having my parents pay for a $2000 pc and it failing at shogun 2 .

Any help would be great , I know you need more info just ask and ill find it

thank you so much

Jeremy

CarolKarine

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I have med2:TW, and you just gotta understand total war games take forever to load. I have the same harddrive BTW. put it on your SSD if you want it to load faster.

now, are your problems only loading time based? cause if you're getting good framerates, try moving the game to the SSD.

Jeremy Krieg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
yeah cool stuff I was thinking the same thing Carol,
I stupidly decided to delete and re download shogun 2 , I should have just copied it across!
Anyway that'll be done in 3h,

Thanks so much,

You excited for Rome 2

I got the total war master collection on steam the other day for $30 , insane , for shogun rise and fall empire Napoleon Rome and medieval ( although I already had the last two)
Will let you know the loading speed of ssd

Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy Krieg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Also Carol , is your hdd fairly noisy , mine is always making quite noises then gets fairly load when Im doing somthing more intense

thanks

Jeremy