Relic: Company of Heroes Support to Continue Via Steamworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pazygozo

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
My favorite RTS without doubt although it is ancient in computer time.

The release date sounds like i'm going to buy it along with a new haswell CPU ;)

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Hey, just because it's old doesn't mean it's not good. A good game can stand the test of time with good game play instead of flashy graphics. I still consider the original StarCraft to be the best RTS of all time, and better in some ways than StarCraft 2. Comepany of Heroes comes a close 2nd to StarCraft.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]Hey, just because it's old doesn't mean it's not good. A good game can stand the test of time with good game play instead of flashy graphics. I still consider the original StarCraft to be the best RTS of all time, and better in some ways than StarCraft 2. Comepany of Heroes comes a close 2nd to StarCraft.[/citation]

Agreed, I still play Age of Empires 1 & 2 from time to time which, in my opinion, had way better gameplay value than AoE 3 (I guess AoE:O as well) even if it had inferior graphics.

pazygozo

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]Hey, just because it's old doesn't mean it's not good. A good game can stand the test of time with good game play instead of flashy graphics. I still consider the original StarCraft to be the best RTS of all time, and better in some ways than StarCraft 2. Comepany of Heroes comes a close 2nd to StarCraft.[/citation]

Hey, don't twist my words, i said it IS my favorite RTS game

Lol, the same with me, but with starcraft in second place. but i'm growing fond of games like wargame:ES or RUSE

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]pazygozo[/nom]Hey, don't twist my words, i said it IS my favorite RTS gameLol, the same with me, but with starcraft in second place. but i'm growing fond of games like wargame:ES or RUSE[/citation]

RUSE is a fun game :D

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]pazygozo[/nom]Hey, don't twist my words, i said it IS my favorite RTS gameLol, the same with me, but with starcraft in second place. but i'm growing fond of games like wargame:ES or RUSE[/citation]
As a military RTS, COH is the best of all time. I like StarCraft more because of the economics involved.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I complete agree that age does not devalue a quality title.
Well over a decade after their launch I'm still playing titles from the 80's and 90's. From a few titles that could fit in the memory space of a PS3 controller (Likely a few times over) to the turn of the 3D era, and on through the years to today^^ From old school consoles to modern Pc games^^

Only thing i disagree on it just personal preference, I very much disliked starcraft, nor would i touch Starcraft 2 with a ten foot pole (Partly due to DRM and breaking one game into 20.) I fell in love with Total Annihilation through. One of the games from the 90's I still play today, and even still collect units, maps, and unofficial patches for, it's been my top Strategy game since 97^^

Even Homeworld couldn't beat it, though it came close, I still love that game too^^ Had an excellent story. Watching fleets of fighters and bombers fly off towards enemy positions is beautiful (Amazing backgrounds give it sooo much beauty) all the while observing my cruisers creeping in from behind via hyperspace jump^^

Status
Not open for further replies.