Latest GeForce Drivers causing Starcraft 2 to crash

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
The nvidia drivers might not be to blame, but the game ran fine last week, and the only major thing that's changed since then is that I updated to 314.22. I can make it to the launcher, press Play. The game tries to start up, goes as far as changing my cursor to the metallic blue SC one, then it experiences a fatal crash with an error message, telling me to send a report of what I was doing to Blizz.

At first I thought it was maybe my overclock or the background programs I had running, but I rebooted and shut down everything and it still crashes. I'm going to reinstall the whole game, but I wanted to know if anyone else who plays SC2 and who updated their drivers encountered anything similar.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, with a 128GB SSD and a PNY GTX 670 (stock, no overclocks).

EDIT:
Minecraft, Steam games, and Mechwarrior Online all run fine. So it seems to be isolated to SC2 (whatever it is...)

Fatal_Error.png

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I downloaded 314.22 for my GTX 650 Ti PE/OC and I got same very disturbing results as well. I even went as far as using driver sweeper to clear out 314.07. Once I installed 314.22 and rebooted my Wireless Adapter (USB 2.0) started dropping signal every 60 seconds or so. I reinstalled the drivers for it (Asus USB-N13) but it kept dropping signal. I uninstalled and went back to 314.07 and have 0 issues, just like before.

Edit: I also am on Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Little update. Most of my Steam games run, but the graphically intensive ones seem to also be on the fritz. Dead Space 1 and Warhammer 40K crash, and Mass Effect 1 just doesn't open. I clicked play in multiple ways and nothing happens.

Dead_Space_crash.png

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Disconcertingly... the roll back did nothing. I rebooted and everything. All of the games I mentioned still won't run.

I'm going to run a few anti-virus scans. Then I'll try re-installing some of these games. I just hope I don't have to reinstall all of Steam... I'd rather not lose all of my saves.