Which graphics card?

Headbomb

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hello, I'm going to get a HD 7950 today. I have done hours and hours of research to find the best one. I settled on Asus but their card has just been discontinued on Newegg.

I am willing to spend up to 340$ Here are my options.

Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I've heard that some cards com voltage locked and that the VRAM gets way to hot. Not to sure about this card.

HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7950
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The HIS is cheaper and has better temps/noise performance (so I've heard).
But looks are a bit important and so I like the Sapphire better. I have a HAF 922 case so I am willing to accept hot air being blow into my chassis.

Also, What company has the better customer support?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thank you. :) ( An excited teen building his first gaming machine. )

1 1080p monitor
i5-3570k @ 4.5Ghz
Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
HAF 922
8GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1600
1TB HDD
750W Seasonic X PSU

D

Deleted member 362816

Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950

I have used both card and this one seems to be cooler, and quieter.

Headbomb

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

I've heard that some come voltage locked and that the Vram gets to hot.
Some owners say yes, some say no. What are your experiences with the card?

I had the IceQ 7950, noise and temperatures were really exceptional, and noise really bothers me. Depending on your case I'd be surprised if you could hear it even after an overclock, though it might run a bit hotter than normal if you wanted it to be silent. Add to that the fact that it exhausts out of the case and you have one beastly cooler, just wish they'd fit them on Nvidia cards.

Oh yea, downsides are its a big blue ugly brick, that dips into the third expansion slot.

D

Deleted member 362816

i have personaly had no issues with the new rev of the card. I think the old heatsinks didnt cool the other parts very well