Looking to upgrade current system into a workstation

MEATYTHINGS

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hello!

I am looking to upgrade my gaming desktop as so it can do more graphical intensive work (High-pixel density art, 3D modeling, etc.).

My current specs are:

Core i5 3570k

Cooler Master Hyper-EVO 212

8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Asus p87-v Pro

EVGA GTX 570 1.2 GB

128GB Crucial m4

750GB Seagate Momentus X/T

750 watt Kingwin PSU

Windows 7 Pro, if that helps.

I still want to game on the system (most newer/intensive games), but work takes the highest priority for me, ya know? I was looking to spend less than $600-700 on upgrades, and can resell some of the parts to help pay for the new ones. I will be using the new Wacom Cintiq 13HD along with Corel Painter 12, 3ds Max, and CS5. I have no real brand allegiance when it comes to this, I just want to get the best deals possible, and I am unfortunately much too busy to be able to do all this research on my own (damn deadlines!)

Corel Painter is probably my most used program, and I generally do high pixel density art work. My system seems to lag quite badly on most brushes, making anything besides sketching impossible.

Thanks for your time!

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
The only real upgrade that'll make a difference for you is upgrading the ram to 16gb 1600 or higher, and if you use GPU acceleration, upgrading to a 660ti/670.

You could upgrade to a 3770k, but I doubt the cost would really be justified.
Hyper-threading is convenient, but it doesn't make -that- much of a difference.

MEATYTHINGS

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Thanks for the reply! I've decided to get 2x8 GBs 2400Mhz RAM, and will upgrade to 32 if need be. If I still experience lag, I'll upgrade to a 3770k. I'm going to upgrade the GPU whenever the next generation of cards start to come out (if they don't run too hot, I'm talking to you 400 series) or if I need to do some more GPU intensive stuffs. Thanks for your time!