Asus Surround View not working

ZSyroth

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hi there.

So I recently got a new motherboard (It's rather old - ASUS M5A78L M LX)
and I ran for about a week now without my 2nd monitor plugged in. I plugged it in to the onboard graphics (As my current graphics card only has high end ports, and my 2nd monitor is VGA only) and only my main DVI monitor that was plugged into my graphics card worked. So I went into the BIOS, turned Surround View On, and viola, both monitors work (DVI into GFX Card, VGA into Onboard Graphics).

Then, I updated my drivers (AMD Catalyst - HD 7870 Card) for a video game requirement and bam, it no longer reads my onboard VGA, only my GFX Card DVI. Surround view is still on though! Any ideas? Perhaps update my BIOS?

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
As a general rule, installing a GPU disables the integrated video. Why can't you plug both monitors into the 7870 using a dvi-vga adapter (typically included with the GPU)?

ZSyroth

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

Hey, thanks for replying.

Firstly, my current 7870 only has 1 DVI Port, and my DVI port is taken from my other monitor. I do not have access (Locally) to a store that sells either DVI-to-hdmi (To free up the dvi port) or VGA-DVI/HDMI (After the port is free). I've looked.

That being said, that isn't really the problem. The problem is that surround view worked with both of my monitors, but when I updated my drivers (Necessary to play a newer game) it seems to override that function. Surround view is still on, and my other monitor will not show in the resolution setup screen (Right click desktop -> screen resolution).