I want to play The Secret World.... BAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilliana Singer

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I'm sure I'm not going about this the right way BUT I have copied and pasted what my laptop listed as "performance information" at the bottom of the post. My question is this....

I really want to play The Secret World... and I know that my computer doesn't meet the general requirements to play the game. I'm not worried about having the absolute best graphics known to man but would like the best possible option without spending a million dollars. However, I'm kind of computer illiterate and I don't even know where to begin on how to make this happen. I know that I can't upgrade the graphics card that I have but that there are "external" options but I have no clue where to start looking or what to even look for. I was also told that I could get a ssd drive and that this would help with the game as well. I know where I can get one of those but am completely lost with the graphics card deal. I have nooooo clue what to buy and what to buy with it to make it work etc. I can usually figure things out once I get them but I have to get to that point! I would hate to buy something have it delivered only to realize I didn't get a necessary component, that would be a total buzz kill!

So in short, I want to play this game bad and apparently my computer sucks! Help me fix it! :) Thank you, in advance! :)

Processor AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7340
Gaming graphics 4017 MB Total available
Primary hard disk 344GB Free (443GB Total)

Windows 8

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP 2000 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 465 GB
Disk partition (C:) 344 GB Free (443 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 3 GB Free (22 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics
Total available graphics memory 4017 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 384 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3633 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.12.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
DirectX version DirectX 11 or better

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

zubzer0

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I think the best chance you have is to set graphics to the lowest possible (Dx9, low preset, 1024x768)

Your performance should be about 10-14 FPS and that is what I would consider unplayable, sorry.
Your graphics are comparable to something between Intel HD 2000 and HD 3000.

A new SSD won't make the game run smoother, but will help it load faster.

Check benchmarks here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Benchmarkcheck-The-Secret-World.78310.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS