Assembling a PC my first time

Vaexstro

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Hey again :),

So as the title says, I have assembled a PC for the first time by my self from my spare parts without any case just on my desk.

So that's what I did:

The PSU to the CPU

PSU to mobo

RAM to mobo

CPU fan to mobo

SATA to mobo

DVI to Mobo as I have built in graphic card

Graphic card to PCI E so I can switch the on board graphic card to this

So it all worked perfect ran the bios and so on..

UNTIL! I tried to assemble instead of the CPU stock fan (2600k fan) the Kabuto Scythe 2 to my CPU.

So I can practice overclocking and so on of course after I run everything else...

Anyway,the problem was that the POST didn't work anymore unless I spammed it for minutes, unplugged the PSU and so on regardless to the fact for some reason the standby led kept lighting on after the PSU was out of the plug and even when I plugged the stock fan back it didn't work after lots of trying it worked back but it seem to sometimes work and sometimes not.

Regardless to that; I can't seem to install it correctly; Kabuta Scythe 2 can anyone help me out?

Best regards,

Roy

Inkiad

Distinguished
You should see some tutorial how to fit the cooler in your pc.

This is definitely that you could not install it correctly. Try to install it correctly. Apply the thermal paste and then install the cooler.
See if it fits securely.

And don't panic we were all first time novices and made ( um.. still make) mistakes. You learn from mistakes. Am i right or am i right?

TRENDING THREADS