Dvi To Vga

DMorton96

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
I have go a graphics card tht only has two dvi-i ports and a mini usb, this is a major issue for me because i have an older monitor that only allows for Vga conection. i need an adapter that plugs into the graphics card as dvi-i but then allows me to connect a Vga cable from the back of it into my monitor.

i think i have found it but not sure:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabling4Less-DVI-VGA-HD15-Adaptor/dp/B000FII810/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1364380943&sr=1-2

Will this work for my purpose? please help

madcap42

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
you can buy an adapter online for around about £5 USD $7 some graphic cards already have that with it if your graphic card has only dv1 it should have the adapter with it

Mahisse

Distinguished
You have found the right type of adapter.
An adapter like that should come with the card if you got it as new. If youare really cheap you should ask friends if they have one lying around. I have like 5 I never use because they often come with a new monitor or graphic card. So chances are that one of your friends have one they are not using.

DMorton96

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013

I got the card second hand to save money because my job does not pay very well, but if that is the right adapter i will buy it as my friends are all console players