Trying to make my PC into a high end gaming PC, help?

JaffaCake_25

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hello there!

Around a year ago, I bought a pre-built PC from www.computerplanet.co.uk,
and it was a really bad PC, couldn't play many games whatsoever. I bought a new GPU, AMD Radeon 7800 Series, and put it in there. It can run pretty much any game, but performance in most games is really bad. BF3, I get heavy stuttering, and most new games I can't play smoothly.

Here's my problem: I'm not sure whether it's just my GPU causing these fps problems (it's not a very good GPU) or it's another part in my PC that's causing it to be laggy, and not perform well.

Here's as much info on my PC I can get:

2oSm9

2oSms

2oSmM

2oSn6

2oSnx

I need two answers, mainly one of the other, if possible.

1) If my GPU is good, but it's other parts in my PC that cause low performance, what do I need to upgrade in my PC?

2) If it's just a bad GPU, and I need to get a new one, can I just buy any good graphics card and put it in there? I'm only looking to spend upto about 500 pounds, if possible.

Thanks!

if yoyu have a 7850 or a 7870, your rig should perform pretty good. they can run games at high and ultra settings. just dont turn aa up so high

the bad thing bout your system is the CPU. zambezi chips are crap. your option of upgrading without changing the motherboard is to get a fx 6300. or if you dont want to spend money on that department, you can overclock your CPU

JaffaCake_25

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

I don't know the specific model of my GPU.
The box got thrown away when we bought it, I've looked at every spec-reading tool I can find and they all just say 7800 series. So, should I just get a new CPU/Overclock it?