GeForce GTX 690 & Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I am into buying a GTX 690 because I want to experience gaming at its finest. I'm willing to ask you what is the best GTX 690 card, but I'm going to sort out that I do not care about the price at all, the only thing I care about is to know the model of the best GTX 690 card even if it has only 1 more FPS compared to a much cheaper version. Thanks in advance!

Little Beast

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Hi jnjnilson6, there are only two GTX 690 for sale right now. Between the two go with the EVGA version because it is cheaper pand performs the same.
Hope this helps.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I can buy ASUS or Gigabyte as well.. Is there any difference between the ASUS, Gigabyte and EVGA versions? I hope that once I buy this card I won't have to get a newer one at least until 2016.

Little Beast

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I'm not sure if the 7990 is coming anytime soon. If it does it would compete against the GTX Titan. If you have the patience to wait till it comes out then go for it.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
The GTX Titan is good, but the 690 beats it, unless if we are talking about SLI, then the Titan murders 690.. I'm going to get a new, 1250 Watt PSU these days and a huge box, because I may go SLI (if I buy Nvidia) or Crossfire (if I buy AMD) after a couple of years..