Can't Remove Graphics Card in Dell XPS 435T

DanZim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I've read the manual but it doesn't mention the part I'm stuck on.
There's a black piece of plastic that is attached to the top of the graphics card (HD 5870) which extends past the card toward the front of the case and locks into another piece of black plastic that's in front of a fan.

I can't get the card to budge when I hold down the retainer clip and I don't see any other tabs to unlock.

Any help would be much appreciated.

*I tried to post a pic of it but says I need a confirmed email which I did right before posting.

D

Deleted member 362816

There is a way to remove it. Just pull out the black bracket there may be a few screws holding it in.

D

Deleted member 362816

There should be a way to also remove that fan shroud. There might be clips or screw on the bottom of the case to take it out.

DanZim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I won't have a chance to do it until tomorrow but just wanted to say thank you! Really appreciate the help!

I noticed a tab on top and bottom of the fan shroud but couldn't remove it but I might of missed something so I'll double check tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 362816

Let me know how it goes.

DanZim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Got up at 3 am this morning to play with it with no luck so took it to a repair shop, turns out the retainer clip on the motherboard wasn't working.

Thank you for the help really appreciate it, you think you know a little bit about computers and then can't get your graphics card out of your PC is a bit humbling, lol.

Thank You!