Little bit confused

azmodan

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
While I am new to the whole pc gaming community I have been eye balling some pre-builds on newegg to start with and slowly upgrade over time to get my feet wet in the whole process of eventually being able to one day just build my own. The problem I'm running into is understanding the b75 mobo they have listed on many of there machines say they only have 1 pcie 16x slot while this one,( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229388 ) is listed as having two. Could that be a typo or are there different versions of that model mobo? My main concern for having a 16x pcie slot is eventually to be able to use crossfire/sli.

First of all the B75 is a chipset that motherboard manufacturers can turn on or off a number of features. So yes it is possible that this system will have 2 PCI-E 16x slots. However when you plug the second card in most of the time the second slot is dropped down to 8x to due to the limited number of PCI-E lanes that the board and processor will support.

It is important to note that will the B75 chipset you wouldnt be able to overclock the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K due to the board not allowing you to change the multiplier with this chipset.

In the end if you are looking for SLI or Crossfire picking up the entry level business board might not be the best solution for you.