Computer Originated Download/Upload Speed Problems

Sephinume

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Howdy!~ I've recently been having massive problems with my download and upload speed, and it seems to be originating from my desktop PC somehow. I'm connected directly through an Arris modem (Grande Communications provider), and I'm -supposed- to be getting ~32 Mbps download and ~3 Mbps upload. Recently, I've been getting numbers like ~1-2 Mpbs download and 0.05 Mbps upload... I've found that I can temporarily "fix" the download speed by disabling/enabling my local area connection adapter (unplugging or resetting the modem doesn't work), but my upload is -completely- shot.

After calling Grande on the issue, they had a technician come out and test the wiring and connections, and everything was fine on that end. Then they had me test my laptop through the modem, and that ran absolutely perfect... So the problem lies within my desktop, not the modem like I had originally thought.

The Grande people suggested to toy around with my firewall (Windows Firewall) and my anti-virus (Trend Micro Security) to see if that help fixes the problem. After messing around with it and even turning both completely off, I'm still encountering the same issue.

I'm not 100% sure what kind of information would be helpful here, but I'll try my best. I have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, and all its drivers are up to date according to Windows (Driver Version: 7.52.203.2012). Everything should be on default settings; I haven't messed around with anything in that aspect. If any other information would be helpful, I can see if I can find it, but that's all I can come up with for now. I'm just not sure what else to try at this point, and I'm not too computer savvy >_<;.

I'll appreciate any help ya'll can give. Cheers!~

Sephinume

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Welp, I seemed to have figured out what the problem was. There was something that was pre-installed on my computer called AI Suite II (I think it came from the motherboard) that's been floating around in my tray. I've never clicked on it because I never knew exactly what it did, but it turns out there was something called Network iControl that was switched on in one of the AI Suite's tabs. Out of curiosity, I turned it off, and everything went back to normal. Weird...