Pc to HTDV using HDMI

oseano6

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hi everyone, So I am slightly at a loss, I have an Asus HD7770 2gb graphics card with both DVI and HDMI outputs. I am connecting it to a Vizio e191va 19inch LED tv. When I connect using the DVI my display works fine. When I connect using a HDMI cable I get no signal on my TV. The input on the TV works fine with a bluray player. Most things that I have read it should be pretty much plug and play. I am not running dual monitors or anything crazy. Not sure if the specs of my PSU matter but its a Raidmax RX-630SS which I believe to be plenty of power. When I go do my display adapters it only shows Generic PnP monitor (no hdmi selections and not sure if it should show one) My Drivers are up to date on graphics card. I'm not even positive if I would see a resolution difference going to HDMI but I figure I would atleast get sound from my TV vs using headphones. The processor I am running doesn't have intergrated graphics card (Intel I5-3350P). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hdmi and DVI produce the exact same digital display.
Your TV should get a display with the HDMI cable just as easily as the DVI cable. My Samsung is connected via DVI to HDMI cable from one of my GTX 570s. I don't use the TV speakers, but they work fine with that connection if I wanted to use them. Try that type of cable from DVI to HDMI instead of HDMI to HDMI.
http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HDMI-Cable-6ft-Male-Male/dp/B0002CZHN6