Best Fx 8350 Heatsink for OC

thecrafter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I am looking into overclocking my Fx 8350 and want the most power possible. (who wouldn't)
My question is what would be most efficient at cooling my Fx 8350? My stock cooler is loud and noisy would prefer something quiet but it does not matter really. I just want to have my processor be cool and aweesome while overclocked!

My MSI board has some sort of overclock genie is it safe to use?

And its not like I am going crazy with it I do not want water cool. Could I hit 4.8 speeds with a tower cooler?

The reason I am overclocking is to get ready for Battlefield 4.

logainofhades

Titan
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a nice budget cooler. I know you said no water cool, but you might want to look at the Corsair H100i or the Coolermaster seidon 240. They are self contained units. No filling or spilling involved.

thereydelmerol

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Go all the way for an H100i from corsair or a similar from another company (BEWARE: H80i wasn't recommended here to do extreme OC and remeber that you must keep your processor under 45°C)

BTW, even if you OC your processor up to 5 GHZ, you won't get a noticeable difference in performance or fps in games, for that, better arm yourself with a pair of Radeon HD 7970 OC and do Xfire NOW. (AMD deserves AMD but you can go with SLI NVIDIA or if you have money a TITAN)

I have my 8350FX cooled with a H100i below 15°C overclocked at 4.4 without messing with core voltages as my daily gaming configuration. I've got up to 4.8 but at full charge with prime95 testings Windows kept locking... for what? 2 o 5 fps in a game???... not worth it. If we were rendering... well that's another story!