Sign in with
Your question

New Build Help (Asus p9X79 Deluxe Wi-Fi)

Last response: in Motherboards
March 27, 2013 4:12:39 PM

Hi.

I am quite new to this forum and i would like to ask for some assistance for my new PC build.

This is the first time that i am building a PC from "scratch" and I am looking for a machine above average to play video games and to edit hd videos and photos.
I am not going to water-cool the CPU (or GPUs) and if I decide to overclock the CPU it won´t be something extreme.
I have pretty much everything picked up except the motherboard and the graphic(s) card(s).

Power Supply - Seasonic 1000 Platinum
SSD - Corsair GT 120 GB
SSD - Patriot Torqx 64 GB
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
CPU - Intel I7 3930K
RAM - GSkill Ripjawz 1600Mhz 32 GB
Sound Card - Asus STX or Phoebus

About the motherboards, I have 3 lined up so far but I am having some difficulties to choose one. But I need one that can manage 2 graphic cards, 1 sound card and 1 Wi-fi card.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe already has Wi-Fi, but I don´t know if it is as good as a PCI Wi-Fi card. I really want to avoid another wi-fi usb pendrive experience.
I know that if the Wi-Fi is good the Asus (…) Deluxe will hold 2 graphic cards and 1 sound card with no problems, but I have serious doubts about all that and 1 Wi-fi Pci card. So, my question is.

Is there any user in this forum that can post feedback about Asus P9X79 Deluxe Wi-fi feature?

If I don´t choose Asus P9X79 Deluxe I have other boards lined up like Asus RampageIV Extreme. This board could manage 2 Sli cards, 1 Sound card and 1 Wifi card (I think), but I am afraid it has too many features. Features that I will pay for and never use.

Despite all the features I am not particularly fond of the X79 chipset fan. If that fan stops working things won´t be bright.

The other motherboard in my list is MSI XPower Bing Bang 2 (X79) but I never used an MSi before. I have read that they have some bios issues but despite the reviews I don´t know if they are as reliable as Asus is and if they are a good bet.

Any information or recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

PS- I am sorry for the extensive composition.

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 108 V Motherboard
March 28, 2013 1:27:17 PM

Start here.

March 29, 2013 7:20:01 AM

Sorry! Thanks!
!