Troubleshooting Graphics Issue

bam06005

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hey All -

Been having this issue with my games lately. When I move (only when I move) there is this blurry line that runs horizontal and then disappears when I stop moving. The line could be in any spot on the screen but is always completely from side to side.

Things I've done:
-Uninstalled drivers/profiles & reinstalled
-Tried at stock GPU settings and overclocked
-Tried at Ultra and Very Low game graphics settings
-Tried in multiple latest-gen games

It is a very persistent problem that I'd like to solve. Oh and worth mentioning that this happens regardless of my FPS - so when I had this blurry line in the image below, I was at 60fps at Ultra settings in Bioshock 3. Another good thing to mention - temperatures at these settings are really good - usually a few degrees below 60C.

Sorry the image is shit, I threw in those arrows to help guide you to the issue.

System Specs:

CPU: 3570k @ 4.5GHz
Mobo: Gigabyte UD3H
RAM: 8GB GSkill RipjawsX
GPU: VTX3D 7950 X-Edition
SSD: Samsung 840 250GB

Thanks for any advice you may have to help!

-Ben

bam06005

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
You are the best!

See - I actually originally thought it was vsync. But how I had it set up was I had the in-game option turned off and had an fps limitered turned on with MSI. Now I turned the MSI from 60 to 100 and have the in-game vsync on.

FIXED! Thank you sir! I've played like the last 5 games with this crappy horizontal line :) Such an easy fix

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That's one of those fixes that a lot of folks forget about. V-S will limit your frame rate to the monitor's refresh rate. But playing at 60 fps is a whole lot better than having to watch screen tear. Especially considering the human eye is fooled into seeing fluid motion somewhere below 30 fps. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS