TA990fxe outside boot problem. Help?

ATTBlake

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
CPU, memory and gfx mounted. Trying to do a boot outside the case just to make sure it is all dandy. It is not. Running hdmi to my monitor, everything spins up but no splash screen and the boards LCD is showing "A6". Maybe I'm supposed to know what this means, but first time builder and I see nothing in e manual and can't seem to find it addressed in any searches.

Sorry in advance if this is an easy fix or if I'm just overlooking something right in from of my face.

ATTBlake

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I'll have to dig out an old monitor. Will update. I didn't leave myself enough room in the case and was knuckle busting to get the DVD and hdd in :) still, for the money, the Coolermaster 430 is a great shell even for a first time builder. Will let you know about the other connection.

ATTBlake

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm, so that made a difference. One question answered, another spawned. Why no HdMi broseph? Oh we'll, that can be explored once I'm up and running. Now the A6 has changed to the AE led. That's something to do with boot error, which makes sense as I have no OS loaded and am having trouble connecting my optical. Everything is where it should be considering my progress. Thanks for the help. Was worried that something was wrong, but apparently it was just the hdmi.

ATTBlake

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I have a Sapphire Radeon 7850 1gb. I have used an HDMI on the monitor before to play an Xbox on it...maybe it is set to 720 or something? I will tinker with it later. As long as it is working with the current hook up, I can get an OS loaded and get started. (Completely forgot to snag a copy of windows when I was gathering everything *womp womp*)