[Solved] Motherboard supports DirectX 10 - Any upgrade possible to DirectX 11 ?

JR75018

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi,

Sorry for my poor English.

1. My motherboard (Asus Asus P5G41T-M LX3) supports DirectX 10. I don't know how it works so my question is maybe stupid : is there a way (upgrade the bios ?) to make it supporting DirectX 11 ?

2. I am looking for a Club 3D GT 640 Low profile ( http://www.club-3d.com/isotope/c/cgnx-g648l-e0e300ca.pdf ). They write - DX 11.1 - and - Pci Express 3.0 -. Will it works on my motherboard ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jacques

haa mobo has no relation with gpu my dear.mobo onboard graphics support dx 10.1,when you get new gpu your igpu will be disabled automatically.

i suggest get hd 6670 ddr5 or hd 7750 ddr5 as it is faster than gt 640

JR75018

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks Ashish,

Nice to meet tou again.

Yes, I had a long look to the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 (the quickest low profile I guessed). But it looks very hard to make it recognized by Linux where I will train a little on Blender (it will be dual-boot W7 64 bits / LinuxMint Nadia 64 bits (with OpenGL 4.2)). And it looks like the Blender's folks think Nvidia is better for Blender...

My intention are humble, I am not a gamer (chess and bridge ok but sitting at the table) and never I will be a professionnal in 3D (I begin from scratch in 2D and 3D..).

The question is about DirectX 11 on W7 (you explained me before PCI is not a problem)

Now you make me understand there will be no compatibility problem between my motherboard and a graphic card (like GT 640). Probably I will have to download something if I want to enjoy the features of DiectX 11.1. I am ok ?

Jacques

P.-S. Maybe it would be better to wait a little for the HD 7750. I will find more explanations from the Linux people after some time.

there will no compaibilty issues with your mobo.you are not a gamer so i think gt 640 is fine.

to run a direct x 11.1 program you need windows 8 as it supports 11.1 while 7 supports 11.