Ownbuild system but stuck in reboot loop.

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
So six months back I built my first rig and all was running smooth up intill a few weeks back when my comp crashed from BSOD and got stuck in a constant cycle of reboot looping (I will switch the power button on only for it to restart before the screen even turns on or gets to bios), now Ive replaced the hard drive (Which was defiantly dead i checked it in another PC and it wouldnt boot either), PSU (Sent back for a replacement), graphics card (From an old build) and motherboard (Again sent back for a replacement) in the hope of remedying the problem but still no success and im stuck in the same loop. Anyone got any ideas whats wrong?? any help would be much appreciated Ive spent allot of money on this build only for this to happen :/

System specs:

CPU: intel i5-2500k
GPU: nvidia 560ti
HDD: 500gb
RAM: 4gb DDR3
PSU: corsair 750w
Motherboard: MSI B75A-G41 Socket 1155 HDMI LAN VGA 8-channel audio ATX Motherboard
OS: was windows vista on old HDD but am yet to install a new OS on replacement drive.

*Edit* sorry for double post

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
No i haven't tried different RAM yet but do you think faulty RAM could prevent my computer from even powering up and getting to the bios? (But i did try putting the one stick of ram in the other available slots).

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Like I said try booting one stick of ram at a time. If you have an extra set of working ddr3 try that too. I wouldn't want you to order a new part not knowing if would indeed remedy the solution. Also check the new hard drive in a working computer too.

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
The proeblem is i only have one stick of DDR3, so i cant load another stick if the only stick i own is faulty

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
The problem is i only have one stick of DDR3, so i cant load another stick if the only stick i own is faulty

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
No idea what bread boarding is im still relatively a novice when it comes to PC's, I will look it up though and test it out