CPU Opinions: Intel Vs. AMD

darquedean

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2012
I would like peoples personal opinions for CPUs to base my CPU upgrade off of and please no specific CPUs i already have both an AMD and Intel CPU in mind thanks in advance

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
generally, for price/performance it's amd for speed and lower power consumption go intel also don't listen to people moaning about the higher tdp effectively it's no more than £10-£20 extra a year unless your pc is on 24/7.

If you are looking to save money go amd, amd mobo's provide more features are a lower price but again you aren't really going to regret much either way. Also fx cpu's have no igpu so you MUST have any dedicated gpu in but that's just about another £15 really or if you have an old one you can use that, BUT it's probably a gaming build so you need not worry about that.

8350rocks

Distinguished
Realistically, you won't be able to tell the difference in FPS between the 2 in most games you play given equally good parts between the 2. AMD wins some, Intel wins some...I buy AMD, for a lot of reasons both practical, personal, and performance wise. You should do what you think will work best, because either chip is going to chew up whatever you throw at it. Just keep in mind, AMD chips compare to more expensive Intel counterparts...FX-8350~i5-3570k...for example...and if you're doing serious video encoding/rendering or a lot of heavy multithreaded applications, FX-8350~i7-3770k

darquedean

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2012

Thanks man, and sorry about not specifying if its a gaming build or not. I guess I will do my research a little more, I was aiming towards and Intel I5-3570K in the first place. Thanks!