Sign in with
Your question

USB Device Not Recognized

Last response: in Windows 7
March 28, 2013 8:37:44 AM

Recently one of my front USB 3 ports started giving me the USB device not recognized error. No matter what device I plug in, ie a mouse, keyboard etc, Strangely enough, it does allow me to sill charge my mobile so I know it is producing power.

My case has 2 USB 3 ports in the front that are connected to the MOBO with a Y splitter. So I would reason since 1 of the USB ports does work and the other does not, the issue is with the actually port and not the mother board.

I did try un plug my system for a while to see if that would work per youtube suggestions and nothing. I was going to up date my drivers but I then remembered what I mentioned one of the ports does work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

More about : usb device recognized

a b $ Windows 7
March 28, 2013 9:25:05 PM

You could try going into Device Manager, deleting the ports, and then restart Windows. Sometimes this helps. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers for the USB ports in question.
March 28, 2013 9:55:48 PM

kenrivers said:
You could try going into Device Manager, deleting the ports, and then restart Windows. Sometimes this helps. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers for the USB ports in question.

Ok. The issue is how to figure out which port I should delete, I have 11 USB port listed.

Thanks
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2013 5:09:11 PM

Delete then one at a time and keep a record of each one you delete. Worst case you can delete them all and restart.
!