changing and adding HD

Jesse Weaver

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
I wish to add a hard drive to my HP 7367c. My question,would it be better to replace or change the current hd, I also intend to replace my 32bit xp with 64bit 7? Does it make any difference?

Adding a hard drive alongside the existing one would mean you could use the second one for backups. Many people choose to buy "external" USB hard drives for this purpose but internal ones are more reliable and less troublesome (just ask anyone who has used external hard drives on a regular basis).

Before upgrading from XP to Windows 7 you need to check the HP website for your country. If they don't support Windows 7 on your model (no drivers) then you cannot upgrade because most of the hardware would not have any driver support and therefore would not work.

If your PC full model name is "HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7367c", I have just checked and they do indeed support Windows 7 on that model. The driver page is here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1831238&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=

Jesse Weaver

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Thanks phil22. I greatly appreciate your answer and help.
My plan is to remove my current hd and install a new 1tb. Hopefully I can then install the W7 after which I plan on installing my old 300GB as a secondary hd.
I want to leave the two operating system on it. both (are 32bit). I understand that 32bit will run on 64bit, Thank this will work?

TRENDING THREADS