How good is this processor?

By todays standards it would not be as good as the current generation or even the past couple generation of the entry level Intel® Pentium® processors or Intel Celeron® processors. Basically it is an 8 year old processor and has seen time pass it by.

train2face

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Well my current setup is no good for gaming (can barely run minecraft on lowest settings). I may get a laptop. As of now im leaning towards gettings an Acer Aspire v3 571g because that is the best laptop for gaming I've seen in my budget (around $500).
If the processor I owned was good for gaming (didn't really assume it would be but worth a shot) I was considering maybe just upgrading the other parts but from what it seems I'd need to update just about everything.

8350rocks

Distinguished

I can recommend a budget gaming build that will work for you, and you can add a graphics card to it later. I assume you have the monitor/keyboard/mouse, etc. already right?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/N1I5

That build is $519.00 with windows 8...if you can get your hands on a copy of win7/8 or already have a full version you can install, that build is $420.00 and you can spend about $100 on a discrete GPU which would probably get you something like a Radeon HD 7770, and that would be a really nice little gaming rig for the money. If you can't spend money on a discrete GPU now, the onboard graphics would be enough to run a lot of games on low/medium settings and you could upgrade later with $100-150 for a decent GPU. The good news is that processor will be plenty for gaming for a while and would buy you quite a bit of time before having to upgrade again.

TRENDING THREADS